Friday, August 28, 2009

Getting Started

This is a story about me and my son, Christopher. I’m new to blogging, so I’m going to give this my best shot. The reason for this blog is simple. When my son was about 6 months old, we discovered that he had an allergy to peanuts (actually all types of nuts). I remember that day so vividly; it terrified me. My daughter was trying to help Mom out by feeding her little brother; she gave him some peanut butter. Christopher began reacting immediately. We took him to the hospital and fortunately after being treated, he was okay. Christopher is getting older; less chances for us to keep an eye on him now that he’s in school.

I’m dedicating this blog to him. It is my hope to discover and post any relevant news in regards to curing him of this allergy or at least finding ways to cope. I will post any information I get about news, products, etc. dealing with peanut allergies. I’m also hoping that anyone who may have a similar situation to mine will post comments as to what approach they are taking in dealing with their child’s peanut allergy. For now, the whole family stays away from the dreaded peanut; if that’s how it is for the rest of our lives, that’s fine. As long as Christopher is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment