Saturday, September 19, 2009

XOLAIR - prescription medicine for peanut allergy?

Some of the beginning clinical trials which I referenced in my last post ("Other Clinical Trial sites") are studying whether an existing prescription medicine for asthma-related allergies could also be effective in the treatment of the "dreaded" peanut allergy. The name of the prescription medicine mentioned for the trials is XOLAIR. From checking out the XOLAIR web site, the medication appears to be an effective solution for Allergic Asthma. I'm assuming the trial is hoping to utilize the medication to prove that it is as effective in battling peanut allergies as it does allergic asthma. My preference for Christopher is to pursue the "cure" which involves building up a tolerance for peanuts through the consumption of minute amounts of peanut flour... the desensitization program. Why can't this process move forward quicker? Maybe I'm just impatient.

XOLAIR FAQ link

No comments:

Post a Comment